Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Birthday and a Deadline

Today, I'm officially 26 years old.
That means that I have four more years to cross number fifty-one off of my list -- to visit thirty countries before I turn 30. I've visited twenty countries so far.
(edit: twenty-one! I forgot that the Vatican was a thing.)
The longer I've travelled, though, the more I've questioned this goal. I love travelling, but I want to make sure that I never travel just to tick a country off of a list. Instead, I always want to explore with curiosity and an engaged mind, taking my time and getting to know a place as well as I can with the time I have to spend there.

I'm not going to abandon this goal, but I'm also not going to let it dictate my travels. Instead, I'm going to spend this birthday celebrating and feeling gratitude for the places I've been so far.

Mexico  |  Spain  |  Barbados  |  Netherlands  |  St Lucia  |  Italy
PicMonkey Collage
Northern Ireland  |  Czech Republic  |  Slovakia  |  Poland

Canada  |  United States of America  |  England  |  Monaco  |  Germany  |  Hungary  |  France  |  Austria  |  Cuba  |  Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment